7.09.2011

Silverware lamp, version #2

My first silverware lamp was such a success, (read the posts about my first creation here and here) that I decided to create another version...this time more petite...
I alternated sugar spoons with dessert forks to encircle the wire frame.  I left most of the metal frame exposed since I liked the peeling white paint/rusted metal combo.  I used white seam binding to wrap the top of the frame once I had wired all the silverware in place.
This silverware lamp is part of the English tea garden vignette in my space at Faded Elegance...I've had such a great time making these silverware shades that I'm working on a couple of ideas for other mixed media lampshades...possibly involving brass metal stencils...I'll keep you posted...

I'm linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special...lots of great ideas...lots of inspiration...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails