5.11.2012

The power of Pinterest


Pinterest...the power to find inspiration...and to be found...and to give inspiration to others.  I realize that Pinterest has its fans/fanatics as well as those who detract/denigrate the site...but I find it a source of inspiration...a source that is two-fold...


Some of you may remember that during the holidays, I had several projects that used my remaining felted sweater scraps...and after I made felted wool vases, felted wool stockings, and felted wool mitten garlands, I still had scraps left...but much smaller ones. 


www.myrtleandeunice.com



When I spied this pin of these cute chicks, I knew that I found a project to use up those smaller scraps...there's a complete pattern with instructions on the myrtle and eunice blog...to get all the info click here.









I enlarged the pattern (via my scanner and printer) and sewed up three chicks...






































I made the "feet" on the black chick out of rusted wire...still debating on "feet" for the other two...the beak on the blue chick is cut from a vintage raffle ticket...





















And the blue shelf in the picture...made from an old painted board...I used the same technique for making it
as I did for making my little white boxes but stopped once I had three sides nailed together...


































I still have enough pieces left for one or two more chicks...and now I have tiny, tiny scraps of felted wool remaining...what to do with that...?  ideas?

So I have found plenty of inspiration on Pinterest...and others have been inspired by me...it is via Pinterest that HGTV.com saw a picture of my brass stencil lamp and included it as one of 10 ideas to transform your bedroom decor...my lamp is idea #3 in the line-up...read all about it here...

Pinterest...seems to be a two-way street...and because of that, I'll keep pinning...

Linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special...did you know that FJ has a special Pinterest board devoted to the highlights from SNS...see it all here...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails