12.17.2012

The simple & the natural





A little more than a week until Christmas...the decorations are done...the cards have been mailed...the menu is planned...time to enjoy the season...

I wanted to keep things simple and natural this year...using what I had at hand...I focused on my collections and how I could infuse them with a holiday spirit.












My tree this year...a twisted tangle of grapevines wrapped around an inverted tomato cage...decorated with a few lights, a smattering of vintage silver shiny brite balls and my collection of skeleton keys, hung with handmade copper wire hooks.  The wire star on top is from last year's stair banister decoration...






































A combination of metal, ironstone and books comprise the table vignette...






































Birds are a constant favorite...other animals as well...this vintage mini-deer resides inside a metal trouble light cage...a junk version of a glass cloche...






































This book with its missing cover and folded pages displays holiday cards...all of the greenery I used throughout the house I got for free...either clipped from my yard, the neighbor's yard...or picked from the pile of trimmings at Lowe's fresh christmas tree lot.






































My amber bottles each display a vintage shiny brite ornament...and though the celestial design is missing its top, it is still my favorite...vintage metal stencils stuck in an old wire brush express the sentiment of the season...

























And of course I need to highlight a few of my vintage clocks...letting you know...its time to celebrate!





























Hop over to Funky Junk Interiors Salvaged Junk Christmas Trees...
its time to be inspired...                                                                        
 

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails