4.15.2013

Discoveries





Lately I've been keeping my nose to the grindstone...
so I haven't ventured out much...don't want too much distraction keeping me from projects at hand...








But when I saw the ad in the Friday paper for a church rummage sale, I figured that I could spare a few minutes...

This is what I love about living in a smaller community...this local church has a sale every year...I've been going for some time...I always seem to find something of interest...and its only a couple of blocks away from my house...I went this year in search of canning jars...of which there are usually boxes of jars...but not this year...I guess that idea of using a mason jar for every possible use but canning is catching on...







Although I did find a few other items...

I actually found three of the vintage muffin tins...some might be used for altered art...at least one I'm filling with potting soil and planting grass seed into each compartment...I always like a little greenery in the house and these six little green mounds will be perfect in a couple of weeks...

I love the texture of the peat pots...they might have something planted in them...
or maybe turned into another project...






































The four linen napkins have exquisite texture...heavy weight linen with a finely executed pulled thread
embroidery motif...I'm in awe of such delicate handiwork...

the miniature strainer...old metal married with weathered wood...need I say more...






































The French glass canning jars have already been put to practical use...one is holding sunflower seeds...
the other one, dried lentils...






































And this was not the sum total of my purchases...I also picked up a heavy duty vintage colander, a roll of tulle, two vintage kitchen utensils and a sweet lily of the valley linen tea towel...all for under $5...as the elderly women were packing my items into my bag, I explained what I was doing with some of the items...they especially liked the idea of using the roll of tulle as "ribbon" for wrapping presents...and were impressed that I had brought my own recycled bag to carry home my purchases...their parting comment was, "We like the way you think!"  It made my day!

Did you go out junking this past weekend?  what did you find?


worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails