5.24.2014

Pay it forward

A couple of weeks ago, I signed up to participate in an art swap...a "Pay it Forward" exchange where you received a piece of art from one artist while you sent out 5 pieces of art to others...

I signed up via artjuvenation, the blog of artist John Arbuckle...I met John last year at the workshop I took from Seth Apter...its been a joy getting to know John who has a wonderful way with collage, especially incorporating color into the mix...

I received my collage from John...and I am thrilled with it...







































You can read John's creative process about this piece here...

and you'll notice that the collage is perched so picture perfect on a shelf...I've been heading up a month-long exercise of posting "shelfies" on Instagram...the newest design craze where you post an interesting composition situated on a  shelf that gives a view into your world...much more creative than the selfie...

Its been fun to see the submissions from around the globe...and with one week left in the month, its not too late to join in...look for me on Instagram under fourcornersdesign...and tag your photos with #shelfieaday ...look forward to seeing all the creative eye-candy today...hopefully your shelfie will be in the lineup!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails